The Museum and shop are now open on *reduced hours*.
We look forward to seeing you back!
There are Covid-19 safety controls in place on site, such as numbers in the Museum or the shop at any time, to ensure the safety of our customers, staff and residents. Please use face coverings as per the government guidance and take advantage of the hand sanitisers available at the entrances.
The maximum number of visitors allowed inside the museum at any one time is ten people. Only two people at any one time are allowed in the shop. Please also respect social distancing measures.
Admission is free. Please note there are no visitor toilets available during August.
Museum Opening Times
Summer 2020 from 1st August
- Mondays.- Wednesdays CLOSED
- Thursday 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Friday 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Saturday 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Sunday 11.00am - 5.00pm
- Bank Holidays 11.00am - 4.00pm
NOTE: The Museum shop will open one hour after the Museum opens, and will close one hour before it shuts.
SHOP ALSO CLOSED DAILY 1.00 - 2.00pm
Winter opening times : November - March
- Monday-Wednesday CLOSED
- Thursday - Saturday 10.00am - 4.00pm
- Sunday 11.00am - 4.00pm
The Museum will be closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Free parking
- Access for people with disabilities and mobility issues.
- There is a lay-by for coach parking on Dorchester Road directly in front of the museum.
- Souvenirs and gifts available for sale
- Large garden and grounds with seating available.
We are unable to sell refreshments and food in the shop at the current time.
There will be no visitor toilet facilities during August.