Tolpuddle Martyrs Museum and Shop Assistant
We're looking for someone to join our small team on a temporary basis this summer to work in our Museum and Shop.
The closing date for completed applications for this post is 12 noon, Thursday 29th April 2021.
(NB: Applications must be submitted to [email protected] by the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted)
The interview date 6th May 2021.
Job description and person specification
Temporary/Fixed term: Tues 11 May – 31 October 2021
Part-time: 21 hours per week – three days
Exact rota to be agreed to ensure Tues-Sun opening and Bank Holidays
Salary: £11.62 per hour /(TUC grade 1)
This temporary role involves assisting visitors to the museum and shop with their purchases.
- Assisting visitors to the museum with their purchases
- Use of cash register and credit/debit card terminal
- Responsibility for cashing-up at end of day when needed
- Securing museum and shop when needed • Accepting and signing for deliveries
- Re-stocking and keeping shop & stock storage areas in good order
- Assisting with email and online enquiries
- Helping with cleaning of shop/museum/toilets and general duties
- Support basic upkeep of site, to include grounds maintenance
- Processing online shop orders
- Ensuring data protection compliance at all times
What Experience, Skills, Knowledge and understanding do you need?
- You’ll be able to oversee sales records & and stock control and manage & and process online orders
- You’ll be able to undertake Manual manual Handling handling tasks for stock management, cleaning & and site upkeep
- You’ll be able to work occasional additional hours and cover holiday and sickness
If you have any questions or want to know more, please email [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you.